Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

India's Got a Cold :(

Everyone around us has gotten the flu. India and I are the only ones that haven't gotten it yet (knock on wood). So last week I had to stay home with her because Nana had the flu and couldn't watch her. On Thursday, India started coughing and was feeling a little warm to me so I went ahead and took her to the doctor. Just so you know, they can't do anything for babies that are under 1year if they get the flu. All you can do is treat the symptoms, which is pretty much just giving tylenol for fever and aches/pains. Made me sad, but the doctor said that if India had the flu that it was too early to tell anyway. So they checked her for everything else and she has a sore throat and cough. Doc said hopefully it's just a cold. So they sent us on our way. But we got to find out how much she weighs!! LOL. She's at 16lbs 9.5oz!

Other updates:
I really loved all the time I got to spend with India last week. She is the happiest baby in the world. Even for not feeling well. She smiles all the time and loves to laugh. I finally mastered giving her medicine with a dropper and not having her spit it all out, and India mastered turning over from her back to her stomach. She's such a pro now that it takes her only a couple of seconds. Yesterday I layed her on her back, turned around to get her toys to put on the floor for her, and when I turned back she was already on her belly. She's also getting really good at sitting up. Still needs some support, but she's getting there. I have a feeling that crawling isn't too far away!!

 

No comments: