Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

2 Months Old

India will be 2 months old on Saturday but got her 2 month shots today. She did really great. The shots were given to her very quickly in both legs. She let out a big scream, then I picked her up to comfort her and she stopped crying. It makes me sad to think that now she knows what pain is. If I could shield her from it her entire life, I would. But I guess if you know no pain then how do you know what good feels like? She's so strong and such a trooper. Bless her.

Her stats are all good. She weighs in at 10lbs. 7oz. and 21in. long. Everything is measuring normal and the doctor says she is meeting all her milestones. She lifts her head and holds it really well and even leans back so that she is holding herself up off your shoulder. She's also using her legs to push up and holds herself up pretty good (while leaning against something). This week she has started to stay awake longer during the daytime hours and is smiling more. She's also starting to "Coo" and make more noises. It's not just a cry anymore, she is learning she can make different sounds. So awesome!!

I have some new pictures of her that I will probably post tomorrow. Stay tuned!

No comments: