Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Doctor

This morning I took India to a new pediatrician. I wasn't happy with her old one. Seemed a little careless and didn't explain things to me when I asked. So, I found a new pediatrician and I really like her. I didn't have to ask very many questions, she explained everything to me and I felt really comfortable with her. 

Update on India:
She weighs 9.12 lbs. now and is growing fast. Today we found out she has an umbilical hernia. That means that part of her bowel is being pushed forward into her belly button by her stomach muscles. The doctor says that as of right now it's nothing to worry about and should go away on it's own. I just have to keep an eye on it. She said it's pretty common. Once her stomach muscles start to develop and split into the two sides (like a six pack) then it should release. If it hasn't corrected itself within a year we might need to look into surgery.

Other than that, she has to get her shots next week (yuck). I'm not looking forward to that visit, but Danny is going to go with me too for support. Wish us luck!!

No comments: