Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

26 Week Appointment

We had our 26 week appointment today and everything went well. The main goal of this appt. was to give me a gestational diabetes test and to get measurements of India's heart since they were unable to get that at our last u/s. 

For the gestational diabetes test I had to drink a very sugary cocktail and wait an hour for them to draw some blood. The drink wasn't too bad, gave me some indigestion but pretty much just tasted like fruit punch with extra sugar. While I was waiting the hour for the blood work they went ahead and did the ultrasound. India was extremely active but allowed them to get all the measurements they needed. The only problem we had this time is that she had her back turned to us the entire time. We didn't get to see her face at all, just the back of her head. A little disappointing, but it's ok. She is so awesome though. She already knows KUNG-FU! 

Her heart beat was strong and at 140bpm. She is still measuring big, this time in the 61st percentile. The doctor says she will probably be an 8lb. baby, currently weighing 2lbs. I gained about 6 pound since my last appointment, which the doc said is good, but I don't want to do that again. I am still a little behind on my weight gain, but not by much anymore. I will go to the doctor every two weeks from now on. 

They gave us some information on the hospital and the different prenatal classes that they offer, so that is next on our list of things to do!!

No comments: